Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A Note From Roger Waters 3/28/12 Iluminados Por El Fuego


By Roger Waters The Wall on Wednesday, March 28, 2012 at 6:22pm ·

To The Unknown Soldier:

As many of you know, wherever I am in the world, I invite 20 vets to each of The Wall shows. In Buenos Aires these were inevitably veterans of the Malvinas/Falklands war. I meet them at half time. Some times, in appreciation, some of them give me gifts, usually small things, badges and so on, which mean a lot to them and in consequence to me also. About halfway through the BA run one of them gave me a DVD. It is a film by Tristan Bauer called "Iluminados Por El Fuego". It is a beautiful film, which touched me deeply. Also on the soundtrack and over the end credits, is a haunting song, I listen to it every day. Whoever you are who gave me the gift of these great works, if you see this post, please reach out through facebook so that I may thank you more personally.

With Respect, Roger Waters


P.S. Just done a bit of research, the song is "Para La Vida" by Leon Gieco. Beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment